I was talking with my co-workers at work one day about how I wanted to start bringing some of my baked goods to a nearby coffee shop when one of my friends’ eyes got really big and said “Oh my gosh, my daughter’s 30th Birthday party at the spa is tomorrow and I really need to make a little treat for it, but I ran out of time!” Hannah to the rescue! 🙂 She and I talked about it and decided that chocolate covered strawberries were the perfect treat that would be a little on the lighter side and pleasing to the eye. Knowing that she loved pink and glittery things, I went from there!
Glittery Pink White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
What you need:
- A dozen strawberries (or however many you would like!)
- 2 Boxes of white bakers chocolate
- Heat 2 or 3 blocks of white chocolate at a time in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. But here’s the tricky part!! check the blocks every 20 seconds and stir because the chocolate will retain its shape even after it’s melted. Also, the chocolate will keep heating even after you take it out of the microwave. So if there is a little part of the block of chocolate left, try stirring it until it’s all the way melted instead of sticking it back in the microwave. So easy to burn the chocolate!! Then it’s no good anymore 😦
- Wash and thoroughly dry your strawberries! If your strawberries are refrigerated then the chocolate will harden quickly. If they are room temperature it will take quite a few hours for your chocolate to harden.
- Dip those strawberries in the chocolate and quickly sprinkle them! (preferably with glittery pink sprinkles 😉 …)
- Let dry!! Again, drying time is dependent on whether your strawberries were room temperature or refrigerated. 4 hours vs. 4 minutes
- Set the strawberries on a beautiful white plate and share them with the ones you love the most! Or maybe with someone who needs a little bright spot in their day. You never know what people are going through!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!